- 9 Highlights in 12 days: Havana, Viñales, Cayo Jutías, Laguna del Tesoro, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, Valle de los Ingenios, Nationalpark Topes de Collantes, Santa Clara
- 8 nights in hotels with a 3-4* standard, incl. breakfast, 3 nights in private accommodation, additionally 4x lunch and 4x dinner
- qualified english-speaking tour guide and local guides
- many included activities like city tours and excursions for example in Havana and Trinidad
- Cycling distances between 10 and 55 km
- from £ 1,170
With this 12-day tour you'll experience West- and Central-Cuba at the perfect pace. There are tours, on which you travel the whole island in the same amount of time but comfort and relaxation won't be part of those. Your journey is sure to be invigorating and restorative, exciting and relaxing! This tour will take you to some of the most beautiful regions of the largest Caribbean island. Tap into your inner explorer and become enchanted as you discover compelling western and central Cuba on two wheels! More information you can find in our detailed itenerary.
Travelling around Cuba couldn’t be easier. Havana is at the centre of this adventure. The city has very little traffic for an urban centre so it's easy to explore by bike. You can also look forward to navigating the charming, cobbled streets of Trinidad, exploring pastoral Pinar del Rio, and riding along rugged jungle trails through the "Valle de los Ingenios".
Below you’ll find the day-by-day breakdown for our Cuba Cross Over tour.
- Unspoiled Natural Beaches
- Numerous Small Islands
- Stunning Coral Reefs
- Cuba’s Third Oldest City
- Well-preserved colonial architecture
- UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Impressive Limestone Formations
- Picturesque and Legendary Tobacco Plantations
- One of Cuba's Most Beautiful Landscapes
Welcome to Cuba! We can arrange a transfer to your accomodation for you (optional) or you can organise transportation yourself. Depending on your arrival time you may have some free time to explore after settling into your accommodation.
Hotel in Havana, 4* Standard
At 8:30 am after breakfast you will have a welcome meeting with your tour guide and you will start exploring the old town of Havana on foot. You will visit the Malecon and many other interesting sights. You will have lunch in a restaurant and in the afternoon you will visit the community project Cellejón de Hamel in the center of Havana. The street section is designed by the artist Salvador González. You can see sculptures and murals. During the walk you can see different institutions (f.e. school, nursing home, day nursery or a doctor). Moreover you will see a "Solar" a block of houses where up to 20 families live. You will get to know the real cuban live. Afterwards you will return to the hotel and can spend the evening as you wish.
Hotel in Havana, 4* Standard Breakfast, Lunch
Today you will travel to the Viñales Valley. On this journey you will see tobacco and crop plantations, as well as rare and endemic flora and fauna in a landscape of unparalleled beauty. En route you will take part in your first bike tour before continuing by buson through the narrow roads where you can admire the uniqueness of the surrounding landscape. After lunch you will continue for approximately 20 km to arrive at your hotel, which is located in the picturesque mogote valley.
Estimated cycling distance: 20km.
Hotel in Viñales, 2* Standard Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Our journey today is to Cayo Jutias. After breakfast you will set off on a 55 km ride, enjoying the breath-taking views of the Sierra de los Órganos, which lies in the North West. The picturesque beach of Cayo Jutías is situated on a little island connected to the mainland by a man-made causeway. Once there, you will have lunch. In the afternoon you have time to explore the island on your own. You will return to Viñales for the night.
Estimated cycling distance: 55km
Hotel in Viñales, 2* Standard Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
In the morning you will get back on your bike and follow a little path which leads you on the path of the tabacco and through beautiful landscapes and Comunidades (communes) which developed after the revolution. You will gain interesting information about the tabacco plant and you will have the opportunity to buy some "puros" directly from the producers. During the trip you have time to eat in a local restaurant.
Average cycling distance: 50km.
Hotel in Viñales, 2* Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Today’s ride takes you to Cienfuegos, also known as the Perla del Sur. On the way you will visit Guama, a natural place of beauy in the Cienaga de Zapata Peninsula. You will take a boat ride on the Laguna del Tesoro that lies in a picturesque landscape with many water canals, mangrove forests and palms. You will also be able to visit a village reconstructed in the Taíno Indian style and have the opportunity to visit a crocodile farm nearby. You will have lunch in a local restaurant (not included).Afterwards you will continue to Cienfuegos. Once there you will explore on bike the charming town of Cienfuegos which has unique and interesting architecture influenced by the Louisianans.
Estimated cycling distance: 10km
Hotel in Cienfuegos, 4* Standard Breakfast
On the way to Trinidad you will cycle at the foot of the Sierra del Escambray mountains. There are several small inclines which can be managed easily by any cyclist and offer great views over picturesque flora. At the end of your day’s ride you will arrive in Trinidad where you can admire the beauty of the buildings surrounding the Plaza Major. You will have evening at leisure. For fans of Cuban music, the "Casa del la Trova" is highly recommended. Almost every evening there is live music here - or if you prefer Western music in the "Las Cuevas" disco you can enjoy techno music until early morning.
Estimated cycling distance: 25km
Casa Particular in Trinidad Breakfast
In the morning you will have a guided walk through Trinidad. You will hear many interesting stories about the "Golden Age” of the sugar boom in Cuba and how it benefitted the city. You will see the well-preserved mansions of the sugar barons. A tour of the city is like a journey through time. Large parts of the city are closed to cars, there is no advertising and only a few small souvenir stalls. Spend the rest of the day as you wish. It is worth taking a coco or bici taxi to Playa Ancón (not included), where you can relax, swim or go snorkelling.
Casa Particular in Trinidad
Today you will go on a bike tour through the Valle de los Ingenios - a stunning, verdant valley. You will bike through sugarcane plantations and stop to climb the watchtower of Torre Iznaga, which was formerly used to oversee slaves in the fields. If you are interested it is possible to climb the stairs of this 50m high tower. There is a spectacular view of the lush landscape from the top (optional). In the afternoon you will ride back to Trinidad.
Estimated cycling distance: 40km
Casa Particular in Trinidad
Today’s destination is Santa Clara. Your ride takes you through a charming mountain landscape of woods filled with pine, eucalyptus and broad leafed trees. The cycling paths are a bit stony and steep at times but are manageable by all. You will take a break in the town of Topes de Collantes - 800 m above sea level - which is renowned for its extra clean air and its sanatorium. In the afternoon the cycle tour continues to Santa Clara through a fascinating landscape.
Estimated cycling distance: 30km
Hotel in Santa Clara, 3* Standard Dinner
Today you will travel to your final destination - bright and spirited Havana via Matanzas. You will cycle through the Yumuri Valley approximately 45 km and drive the rest of the journey to Havana. Cuba's capital city is the cultural centre of the island and fascinates visitors with its numerous Museums, Palaces and colonial style public squares.
Estimated cycling distance: 45km
Hotel in Havana, 4* Standard Breakfast
- 8 nights in hotels with a 3-4* standard
- 3 nights in Casas Particulares*
- 8x breakfast, 4x lunch, 4x dinner
- City tour Havana and Trinidad
- Visit of the cultural project Callejón de Hamel
- Boat tour Laguna del Tesoro
- Excursion to the Valle de los Igenios
- All described transfers in air-conditioned vehicle
- Qualified English-speaking tour guide
- Bike rental
- Transportation of bike and lagguage
- International flight to/from Cuba
- Transfer in/out: Booking available on request
- Cuba Entry card (tourist visa): Booking available on request
- Optional offers/activities and services
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel Insurance
- Bicycle helmet and gloves
- *Casas Particulares are private houses of Cuban locals, who offer rooms to tourists. On request they are happy to cater you with a delicious breakfast (5-6 CUC) or even a lunch and dinner (10-12 CUC each). Let them know at your arrival.
- We guarantee the operation of every group with one booked client
- Maximum group size: 16 people
- Visa and vaccination requirements and general information about country and people of Cuba
- Solo travellers can request a room shared room with another person of the same sex
- If we can't find another solo traveller who wants to share a room, the single room supplement needs to be paid
- Information about our bike tours, e.g. about bikes and equipment
- If you want to book a domestic flight within Cuba, we are happy to support you
- Our recommendation: Bring suitable clothes for biking and some snacks with you
With click on "continue" you can book this tour or send us a non-binding request
- Cuba Entry Card (tourist visa): £ 23
- Transfer IN/OUT optional:
- Havana Airport - Havana Hotel
- ONE WAY Price per transfer: £ 30 (1-3pax); £ 39 (4-6pax)