Wonders Of East Cuban Nature - Activity Tour
- 9 Highlights in 11 days: Bayamo, Sierra Maestra, Niquero, Nationalpark Desembarco del Granma, Santiago de Cuba, Gran Piedra, Baracoa, Playa Maguana, Humboldt Nationalpark
- 7 nights in hotels with a 2-4* standard, 3 nights in a private accommodation
- 7x breakfast, 5x lunch, 4x dinner
- qualified english-speaking guide
- many included activities, e.g. city-tours and hikes in Nationalparks like Humboldt Nationalpark or Desembarco del Granma
- from £ 1,350
Travelling around Cuba on our Wonders of East Cuban Nature offers travellers the ideal mix of nature, culture, and sport! With this tour of Cuba you'll get to explore the Eastern and central parts of the island, which are spectacularly beautiful but much less touristy than Cuba's West. During this enchanting tour you'll visit beautiful landscapes, including the Sierra Maestra Mountains and Humboldt National Park. More information you can find in our detailed itinerary.
Route of the activity tour "Wonders Of East Cuban Nature"
Unlike Western Cuba, which has more plains, Eastern Cuba is very hilly and await you with a great amount of Nationalparks. During the tour you will experience them during different hikes and be rewarded for your physical effort by the spectacular, unspoiled, natural landscapes of wild Cuba. The hikes are managable by everyone who enjoys to be a little active.
Below you’ll find the day-by-day breakdown for our Wonders of East Cuban Nature tour.
These highlights are waiting for you on this tour
Your journey starts in Holguin. After your arrival at the international airport we are happy to organize you a transfer to the hotel (optional). Depending on your arrival time, you can start exploring your surroundings.
Hotel in Holguin, 3* Standard Dinner
After breakfast at 8:30am you will meet your tour guide. Afterwards you start your round trip. The first stop is Bayamo. You will get to know this beautiful city during a little tour and will learn more about it's histroric and cultural importance. In the afternoon you will reach the Sierra Maestra.
Hotel Villa Santo Domingo, 2* Standard Breakfast
Today you will get to know the impressive mountain range druing a hike. The trail leads you to the famous Comandancia de la Plata, which served as the headquaters of rebel group led by Fidel Castro. After a picnic you will go to Niquero.
Hotel in Niquero, 2* Standard Breakfast, Lunch (picnic), Dinner
This day is dedicated for a day excursion to the picturesque national park Desembarco del Gransma. The territory was declared a world heritage and also plays an important role in the history of the Cuban Revolution. In 1956 Fidel Castro's troops entered Cuba with their yacht "Granma" at this national park. The name "Desembarco del Granma" means "Landing of the Granma". In the morning you go for a walk in the national park and have a picnic lunch later on. In the afternoon you can enjoy yourself on the beautiful beach "Playa de las Coloradas.
Hotel in Niquero, 2* Standard Breakfast, Lunch (picnic), Dinner
After breakfast you will make your way to the secret capital of Cuba: Santiago de Cuba. On the way you will stop at the pilgrimage church El Cobre. Santiago de Cuba will impress you with all it's different influences. It's known as the most african and most passionate city of Cuba. You will end the day with a dinner in a local restaurant.
Hotel in Santiago de Cuba, 4* Standard Breakfast, Dinner
Today you will learn more about the city Santiago. During a guided city tour you will not only see the magnificent city centre but also the cementery Santa Ifigenia and the Castillo El Morro. The rest of the day you can spend as you wish.
Hotel in Santiago de Cuba, 3* Standard Breakfast
Another exciting excursion is waiting for you today! You will go to the Baconao Park where you can see the "Gran Piedra". This is one of the biggest monoliths in the world.
Hotel in Santiago de Cuba, 4* Standard Breakfast, Lunch (picnic)
It's time to leave beautiful Santiago de Cuba and go further to the east. On the way to Baracoa you will have a stop at a panoramic view point. From here you can see the famous Guantanamo detention camp in the distance. After lunch you will have a guided city tour through Baracoa.
Casa Particular in Baracoa Breakfast, Lunch
Today's journey leads you Finca Duaba. Afterwards you can relax at the beautiful beach "Playa Maguana". In the evening another highlight is waiting for you. You will take part in a cooking course in your Casa Particular.
Casa Particular in Baracoa Dinner
The last full day of your trip will be spent at the Humboldt-National park. You will go on another hike on which you can enjoy the impressive landscapes around you. The day ends with a visit at the Casa de la Trova, where you can learn more about the Cuban culture and music.
Casa Particular in Baracoa Lunch (picnic)
Your journey ends with the transport to Holguin Airport or a hotel in Holguin. Please be aware that you will arrive in the late afternoon. If you have an early flight you will need to book an optional transfer.
- Accommodation as described
- Meals as described
- Excursions as described
- Bicycle rental
- All transfers in an air-conditioned vehicles
- Bicycle and luggage transportation
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Transfer to Holguin/Holguin Airport
- International flights to/from Cuba
- Transfer in/out: booking available on request
- Cuba Entry Card (tourist visa): booking available on request
- Optional offers/activities and services
- Travel Insurance
- Tips and gratuities
- *Casas Particulares are private houses of Cuban locals, who offer rooms to tourists. On request they are happy to cater you with a delicious breakfast (5-6 CUC) or even a lunch and dinner (10-12 CUC each). Let them know at your arrival.
- We guarantee the operation of every group with one booked client
- Maximum group size: 16 people
- Visa and vaccination requirements and general information about country and people of Cuba
- Solo travellers can request a room shared room with another person of the same sex
- If we can't find another solo traveller who wants to share a room, the single room supplement needs to be paid
- If you want to book a domestic flight within Cuba, we are happy to support you
Prices and Dates for the Wonders of East Cuban Nature
With click on "continue" you can book this tour or send us a non-binding request
- Cuba Entry Card (tourist visa): £ 23
- Transfer IN optional:
- Holguin Airport - Holguin Hotel
- ONE WAY Price per transfer: £ 30 (1-3pax); £ 39 (4-6pax)
- The transfer out is only included for flights departing in the evening. Flights departing earlier require an additional transfer. Prices on request.